UC vs Drake MBB 11-11-19 (25 of 27).jpg

UC guard Jaevin Cumberland goes for up for a shot during the second half of the men's basketball game against Drake at Fifth Third Arena in Cincinnati Monday, Nov. 11, 2019.

The University of Cincinnati men’s basketball team lost to Bowling Green State University, 91-84, in overtime Sunday evening in the semifinals of the Paradise Jam in the U.S Virgin Islands.

UC guard Jaevin Cumberland returned after leaving the Bearcats’ first-round game against Illinois State with a knee injury, scoring a team-high 21 points including six three-pointers.

Senior guard Jarron Cumberland finished with 11 points on 4-of-10 shooting. Jarron briefly left the game in the first-half before returning to the bench. He played just nine minutes in the second-half before returning to the court in overtime.

The Bearcats shot 31-of-55 from the free-throw line and 9-of-27 on three-point attempts.

Senior guard Chris McNeal added with 17 points, seven rebounds and four assists. He connected on just 10-of-21 free throws.

Bowling Green made a 10-point comeback over the final three minutes of the second-half to force overtime. Dylan Frye led the Falcons with 28 points and nine rebounds.

The Bearcats face Valparaiso in the third-place game Monday at 5:45 p.m.

Schultz has been with The News Record since September 2017. A Cincinnati native, Schultz is interested in a career in broadcasting.