While all the focus on former UC baseball players in the pros has been on Ian Happ, Bearcat alumnus Josh Harrison is putting together a productive year in his age-32 season.
Thanks in part to his torrid start to the 2019 Major League Baseball season, former Bearcat Ian Happ has earned a spot in the Chicago Cubs’ record book.
University of Cincinnati baseball alumnus and current Chicago Cub Ian Happ has started his season with a bang, hitting a .299 batting average while slugging six home runs in 25 games. His start has helped propel his Cubs to a 16-9 record, the best in the National League Central.
It’s a Monday morning and Katrina Patterson eats a protein bar and stretches before going on her daily run through Kiawah Island in Summerville, South Carolina with four teammates on the University of Cincinnati track & field team.
The University of Cincinnati baseball team swept Eastern Michigan University (EMU) in a three-game series this weekend, outscoring EMU 35-9 over the set at Marge Schott Stadium to improve its record to 7-7.
- UC tennis looks to bounce back after successful start to season
- Three Bearcats carry UC’s track and field team during indoor season
- Joey Wiemer looks to improve on impressive 2019 season
- UC lacrosse returns proven talent in 2020
- The best ways for students to experience professional sports in Cincinnati
- Bearcats baseball gets revenge on RedHawks
- UC baseball falls to Miami in Joe Nuxhall Classic championship