The University of Cincinnati men's basketball team rode a massive second-half wave of momentum to a 91-71 victory over Tulane University on Friday night. The win marked the Bearcat's largest margin of victory of the season. 

The second-half streak saw four Bearcats hit double-digit scoring numbers, three of the four setting new career-highs.

Leading Cincinnati in points was Jeremiah Davenport, who finished with 27 points, 17 of which came in the first half due to his shooting from beyond the arc, hitting four threes over the inaugural 20 minutes. 

"He's got Cincinnati on his chest," head coach John Brannen said of Davenport. "He's all in. When you're all in, it only leaves the opportunity for you to be the best version of yourself."

Davenport's total marks a new career-high for the sophomore, but he wasn't the only Bearcat to set a personal-best. 

Tari Eason contributed 20 to the score, maintaining a perfect field goal percentage while doing so. The freshman also grabbed 13 rebounds on the night, making it his first career double-double for the program. 

"I feel like he played free," Davenport said about Eason. "He's capable of doing that, we know that."

On Eason, Coach Brannen said, "When he plays with energy and narrow focus, he's really really good. Obviously, his talent isn't in question."

Mason Madsen set a new best with 11 points, and Mika Adams-Woods matched his career-best tally with 16. Both played their season-high in minutes as well, while notably Adams-Woods only left off the court for one minute in the second half.

Tulane stayed in the game for the entirety of the first half and most of the second, where sophomore guard Jaylen Forbes hit six threes of his own. Forbes finished with 37 points, but that wasn't enough to carry his team to victory. The wheels fell off for the Green Wave in the final 10 minutes, where they got outscored 31-11.

For most of the final stretch, the Bearcat lineup was solely freshmen and sophomores, which didn't go unnoticed by the players. 

"I told the guys, 'this is a young group now,'" Davenport said. "Actually, coach [Brannen] told us, 'this is the future' in the huddle."

Of the Bearcat's 91 points, 81 of them came from the freshmen and sophomores.

Cincinnati allowed just over one thousand fans into Fifth-Third Arena for the game, which will carry over to the next home game for Cincinnati.

The win now puts Cincinnati at 9-8 on the year, carrying the impressive run of form to six victories in the last seven outings. The Bearcats climb the rankings in the American Athletic Conference standings, fighting their way to a fifth-place spot with a 7-5 conference record.

The Bearcats next play host Memphis on Feb. 28 at 1:00 p.m. on ESPN.