UC vs. Navy - Nov. 3, 2018

University of Cincinnati football fans celebrate after a touchdown during their blowout game against the Naval Academy on Saturday afternoon, Nov. 3, 2018 at Nippert Stadium.

The University of Cincinnati’s athletic teams have a busy fall season, including matchups with notable opponents. Below is a list of events that are likely to attract the most attention.

Football versus UCLA

The Bearcats will begin its season against the Bruins for the second straight year, but this time in front of a home crowd. After entering last season’s matchup as the heavy underdog and pulling out a 26-17 win, UC head coach Luke Fickell will look to add back-to-back wins against UCLA to his resume. 

This game was a thriller a year ago and has a good chance of being the same this season. Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. Aug. 29. ESPN will provide full television coverage if you aren’t able to attend. Single game tickets are not yet available.

Volleyball versus Xavier University

UC women's volleyball

The 25-7 UC volleyball team travels to Milwaukee, Wisconsin, to face Illinois State in the first round of the NCAA tournament.

UC will seek its fifth straight victory against the Musketeers in its lone matchup this season. The Bearcats defeated the Musketeers, 3-1, in 2018 at Saint Ursula Academy due to the renovations to Fifth Third Arena.

UC will travel to the Cintas Center this season. The team will look much different, as head coach Molly Alvey lost three key seniors in Carly Nolan, Jade Tingelhoff and Abby Williams to graduation. 

Incoming redshirt senior Jordan Thompson is one of the top outside hitters and will compete with the USA collegiate team for the third time this summer. Dates and times have yet to be announced. 

Women’s Soccer versus University of South Florida

After tying or defeating USF in each of the past three straight seasons, UC dropped one of its two home losses to the Bulls in 2018. 

USF is coming off a stellar season in which they finished 15-4 (8-1 American Athletic Conference). The Bearcats will look for similar success after finishing under .500 for the first time in four years last season. UC’s roster is expected to feature 15 upperclassmen in 2019. Dates and times have yet to be announced.

Football versus Miami (Ohio) University

The matchup known as the “Victory Bell” game between the Bearcats and RedHawks never fails to disappoint. Miami will be eager to end UC’s 13-game winning streak after being shut out 21-0 at Paul Brown Stadium last year. 

The Bearcats were undefeated (6-0) at home last season, so Fickell and the team need all the support they can get. Incoming junior running back Michel Warren II will seek another dominant performance after scoring two touchdowns on the RedHawks in the win. The 124th Victory Bell game is scheduled for Sept. 14.

Football versus University of Central Florida

The Bearcats will seek revenge on the Knights when they come to town in October. Then-No. 11 UCF blew out No. 19 UC on its home field 38-13 and went on to have the best record in the conference. The Knights senior quarterback McKenzie Milton suffered a gruesome leg injury towardthe end of last season, but is expected to make a full recovery. The game is scheduled for Oct. 4 with kickoff TBA.