Jason Kelce

The four-time pro-bowler and older brother of Travis, Jason Kelce, helped the Eagles win their first Super Bowl in franchise history in the 2017-18 season.

After helping to propel his Kansas City Chiefs to a victory over the Cleveland Browns in the American Football Conference Divisional Playoff Game, University of Cincinnati Football alumnus Travis Kelce will look to lead his team to its second straight super bowl with a win over the Buffalo Bills in the AFC Conference Championship game Sunday. 

Last season, the superstar tight end helped lead his squad to a 31-20 victory over the San Francisco 49ers, giving the Chiefs their second Super Bowl trophy in franchise history. In the game, Kelce hauled in six receptions totaling 43 yards, including a fourth-quarter touchdown that kickstarted a string of 21 unanswered points, helping Kansas City overcome a 10-point deficit in the final period. 

Here are some other former Bearcats who have helped their team hoist the Lombardi Trophy. 

Super Bowl LII: Jason Kelce, Center, Philadelphia Eagles 

The four-time pro-bowler and older brother of Travis helped the Eagles win their first Super Bowl in franchise history in the 2017-18 season. Kelce played 100% of the offensive snaps in a 41-33 defeat of the defending champion New England Patriots, led by a future hall of famer Tom Brady. Kelce and the rest of Philadelphia’s offensive line stepped up in the biggest game of the year and prevented the Patriots defense from recording a sack of Eagles quarterback Nick Foles.  

Super Bowl 50: Derek Wolfe, Defensive End, Denver Broncos 

Picked in the second round of the 2012 National Football League Draft by the Broncos, Wolfe helped Denver win the third Super Bowl in the team’s history in the 2015-16 campaign. In the regular season, the former Bearcat started 12 games for a Bronco defense that ranked first in opponent’s yards per game while tallying the most sacks in the league. 

In the Super Bowl, the Broncos faced off against the Carolina Panthers and their quarterback Cam Newton, named the league’s most valuable player that season. Wolfe and the Denver defense yielded only 10 points to an offense that averaged over 30 points per game in the regular season. Wolfe recorded three solo tackles and assisted on two others while recording half a sack and two hits on the quarterback, helping Denver record a 24-10 win. 

Super Bowl V: Jim O’Brien, Kicker, Baltimore Colts 

After being selected in the third round of the 1970 NFL Draft by the Baltimore Colts, O’Brien was thrust into the spotlight on the game’s biggest stage as a rookie. O’Brien’s Colts were taking on the Dallas Cowboys in Super Bowl V and were looking to record the franchise’s first Super Bowl victory, two years after being defeated in the championship by the New York Jets. 

After a back-and-forth turnover-ridden game, the score was tied 13-13, and the Colts had the ball on Dallas’ 25-yard line with nine seconds left in the fourth quarter. With the fate of Baltimore’s season on O’Brien’s shoulders, the rookie calmly knocked the 32-yard field goal attempt through the uprights, sending the Colts to a 16-13 victory.