UC Health

University of Cincinnati adds $30 million in renovations and additions to their Clifton Health Campus.

Over the next two years, UC Health will invest $30 million in renovations and upgrades to its Clifton campus, including improvements to the UC Medical Center, UC Health Physicians’ Office and the Barrett Cancer Center.

Richard P. Lofgren, president and CEO of UC Health, said the organization aims to make it easier for patients, visitors and employees to navigate the medical campus. In addition, he hopes the facilities will reflect the advanced care that UC Health strives to provide.

UC Health, an integrated academic health system that serves the Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky region, focuses on clinical care, research and teaching. Many of its locations have received national recognition for quality and patient satisfaction.

The Clifton campus project signifies an extension of UC Health’s ongoing investment in patient care.

The renovation project will include improvements to inpatient and outpatient facilities, parking structures, walkways and signage across the campus. The campus features eight buildings owned and operated by UC Health, including shared space with the UC College of Medicine.

UC’s medical campus spans nine city blocks in the Uptown Innovation Corridor. Patients and visitors reported problems navigating the vast campus, and UC Health plans to address these issues with the planned renovations.

Improvements to the Clifton campus include:

UC Medical Center: The main lobby, emergency department, underground tunnel and numerous inpatient units will be upgraded.

Wayfinding: Navigation signage will be updated and improved throughout the campus to help employees and visitors find their way across campus.

UC Health Rooftop Signage: A new LED-lit sign over UC Medical Center will clearly identify the hospital and Clifton campus.

Goodman Garage: A new wrapped-style exterior for UC Medical Center’s main parking structure will improve the main entrance to the Clifton campus.

This project marks the latest development in a series of investments designed to improve access to care for patients at UC Health.

In 2016, UC Health invested in patient care at Ridgeway Tower and opened a new 26-bed inpatient unit — a $22 million project that created 63 new jobs — in January 2019. UC Health currently provides 92 patient beds in the Ridgeway Tower, and additional growth is expected in the future.

In 2017, UC Health broke ground on the UC Gardner Neuroscience Institute, a $60 million investment in neuroscience care. The four-story facility will provide outpatient care, clinical trials and research and space for multidisciplinary care teams to collaborate on the breakthroughs of tomorrow. The building will open in April 2019 on the southern end of UC’s Uptown campus.