Mario Eugenio

Mario Eugenio, a freshman and defensive lineman for the University of Cincinnati football team, has been arrested as a suspect in connection with sexual imposition cases occurring on and near UC’s uptown campus.

Mario Eugenio, a freshman and defensive lineman for the University of Cincinnati (UC) football team, has been arrested as a suspect in connection with sexual imposition cases occurring on and near UC’s uptown campus.

The UC Police Division (UCPD) announced Thursday that Eugenio was arrested and has been charged with three counts of sexual imposition, a misdemeanor of the third degree in Ohio.

“The suspect was arrested as a direct result of the UCPD’s thorough and strategic investigations of these incidents,” said UC Police Chief Eliot Isaac. “We will continue to work hard to ensure the safety of our community on and around campus.”

According to UCPD, two cases happened on the uptown campus, and one happened near campus. 

“Cincinnati Bearcats freshman DL Mario Eugenio is accused of smacking the buttocks of other people while riding a Bird Scooter on campus, according to court documents. Documents state he smacked three different people on three separate occasions during September and October,” the Cincinnati Enquirer reported.

Additionally, UC Athletics announced Friday that Eugenio has been suspended indefinitely following the arrest. “UC will have no further comment while the legal process plays out,” WLWT reported.

UC has experienced a series of sexual assault cases during the fall semester. Fifteen documented instances of sexual assault have been recorded since August, according to UCPD’s crime log.

Editor-in-Chief

Emma Balcom has been with The News Record since 2019 as a staff reporter, life and arts editor, managing editor and now editor-in-chief. She has previously interned with Cincinnati Magazine and is involved with UC's student chapter of the SPJ.