The University of Cincinnati Center for Business Analytics will hold a conference focusing on analytics and data science content to support the growth and development of analytics efforts in business, government and nonprofit organizations.

The summit will be held April 1-3 at the Sharonville Convention Center. It aims to increase knowledge, encourage networking and develop hands-on experience for those in the analytics industry.

It will feature two days of training and one conference day with three keynote speakers and five applied analytics track sessions, with three presentations in each track.

Opportunities will be available for hands-on learning with direct access to experts who can answer technical and business questions. The trainings will encourage active participation for the learning through in-class assignments and immediate feedback.

Here are this year’s keynote speakers:

Zeynep Tufekci, a techno-sociologist, TED speaker and contributing opinion writer for The New York Times, is an internationally recognized authority on the social and moral implications of how to use big data and algorithms to make complex business decisions. She is also an associate professor at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

Anne Robinson, chief strategy officer at Kinaxis, is a leader in digital supply chain management. In her role at Kinaxis, Robinson works with executives to develop the strategic roadmap, emerging technologies and explore new industry opportunities, according to the company’s website.

Todd Wickerham, a special agent who oversees the Cincinnati Field Office for the Federal Bureau of Investigation, will cover the FBI’s view of big data security. He has worked for the FBI for more than 20 years.

Training sessions include:

Machine Learning with R, presented by data scientists Brad Boehmke and Brandon Greenwell, will provide hands-on experience on the latest data science and machine learning methods using the programming language R, which is widely used for statistical computing and data analysis.

Intermediate and Advanced Tableau features Jeffery Shaffer, chief operating officer and vice president of information technology and analytics at Unifund. The session aims to improve Tableau skills.

Big Data: Hadoop and Spark, presented by Andrew Harrison and Jay Shan, aims to make sense of the tools available in Hadoop and Spark — two open-source Big Data frameworks. The session will explore how these components function and form the core of data analytics systems.

Advanced Power BI, presented by Derek Sasthav and Geoff Marsh, aims to take experienced Power BI users to the next level.

Analytics for Leaders, featuring Glenn Wegry, aims to sort through the hype surrounding analytics.

Track sessions will feature presentations from FICO, Synchrony/Fidelity, American Modern Insurance Group, PNC Bank, Introtrust, Wake Forest University, Evalueserve, the National Weather Center, Cincinnati Children’s, Boeing, Domo, SAS, KNIME and ICC. Topics include financial and risk-management analytics, marketing analytics, operational analytics, analytics management and leadership tools.

To register for the event, click or tap here.