The Deacon

The Deacon is a three-minute walk from campus and will offer studio, one-bedroom, two-bedroom, three-bedroom and four-bedroom apartments ranging from $844 to $1,014 per month for rent with basic utilities included.

The Deacon, a premiere off-campus apartment complex currently under construction, just opened its $1.3 million leasing office along Calhoun Street in preparation for the opening of The Deacon in the upcoming academic year.

The grand opening is just the first phase of a $300 million, 5-acre redevelopment plan underway by Trinitas Ventures, a development company that specializes in sustainable, LEED certified off-campus luxury apartments. Trinitas has worked on the redevelopment project for the past three years since purchasing the property in 2017.

The Deacon will occupy the former Deaconess Hospital site on Straight Street. The demolition of the Deaconess began Jan. 15.

The second phase will involve redeveloping the space surrounding The Deacon, which stretches from Straight Street to Clifton Avenue. It aims to create new growth in Clifton by transforming Straight Street into a greenspace with a grocery store, bowling and cinema center, hotels, parking and storefronts that will enable new businesses to launch in Clifton.

The Deacon is a three-minute walk from campus and will offer studio, one-bedroom, two-bedroom, three-bedroom and four-bedroom apartments ranging from $844 to $1,014 per month for rent with basic utilities included. All apartments are fully furnished with 48” flat screen TVs, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, full-sized washers and dryers, free cable and high-speed Wi-Fi. 

Tenants will also have access to several community amenities, such as the outdoor greenspace with a resort-style swimming pool, hammock lounge, outdoor grills, a fitness center, arcade lounge, putting green and golf simulator, gaming area, yoga studio with virtual classes and more.

Students interested in leasing space at The Deacon can find more information by tapping or clicking here.