Boldly Bearcat pint

Graeter's could soon begin producing Boldly Bearcat ice cream in pints.

If the University of Cincinnati football team beats Ohio State Saturday in Columbus, Greater’s has teased that it could begin offering the popular Boldly Bearcat flavor in pints.

Boldly Bearcat is a combination of red Oreo cookies, red velvet icing and chocolate chips that was introduced last fall to honor UC’s bicentennial. The flavor was exclusive to UC Bicentennial events, with plans to expand bicentennial presence and increase opportunities to offer Boldly Bearcat. 

“We also partnered with UC on their Bicentennial and will continue to support activities with Boldly Bearcat ice cream through homecoming this November,” said Graeter’s vice president of marketing, Tim Philpott, in an email to The News Record. “We are currently discussing what the future may hold for collaboration on that flavor.  I would say anything is possible for Boldly Bearcat ice cream.”

The news comes after Graeter’s announced yesterday that they would be repackaging the Buckeye Blitz flavor in honor of the 150th anniversary of Graeter’s and OSU.

“We had the Buckeye Blitz flavor in our lineup for many years,” Philpott said. “We are redesigning all of our pint packaging of our existing flavors. We share the same anniversary with OSU and are partnering on some commemorative activities throughout the year.”

With the upcoming football game between the two schools adding tension, UC fans took to social media to express their outrage.  

David Rees, features editor, has been with The News Record since Sept. 2018 and previously served as chief reporter. Rees enjoys covering student government, sustainability and LGBTQ activism.