In 1995, the University of Cincinnati (UC) was developing different student programs, in collaboration with the university’s faculty development council. Engineering professor Dr. Urmila Ghia had the idea to initiate a program that would benefit women in STEM.
Iris Harmon, a third-year costume design major in the College-Conservatory of Music (CCM), has had an interest in costumes since the age four. While growing up in Newport, Kentucky, Harmon's first exposure to the theater world started at a shop called Costume Gallery Newport.
After her freshman year as a fashion design student at the University of Cincinnati (UC), Cassidy White started a small business to make some extra cash and pursue her zeal for sustainability.
It is no secret that 4 Paws For Ability (4 Paws) has a large campus presence. Black labs and golden retrievers are walked around by their volunteer handlers, the pups sporting a red vest that indicates they are a service dog in training.
Alexis Begnoche’s capstone project for industrial design combined two products – corn husks and shoes. This unlikely combination landed her in the top ten finalists of the 2020 Techstyle for Social Good, an international online competition.
- New improv club helps UC students develop life skills
- PandaCATs celebrates Chinese culture on campus
- Breaking Boundaries: Conscious Kitchen
- UC finance student finds creative side through fashion photography
- Pieces of peace: How a DAAP student is helping friends through art
- UC introduces LGBTQ+ undergraduate certificate
- UC College of Nursing students learning on the front lines