When Francesca Rietz Marcotte decided she wanted to pursue filmmaking, she made a commitment to herself that — whenever possible — her film crew and ensemble would be made up of women, people of color and queer people. That commitment to foster visibility for minority groups began with a cla…
They say confidence is key, but to one University of Cincinnati professor, it’s more like a sledgehammer — aimed right at the glass ceiling.
George Uetz, a professor at the University of Cincinnati, has been teaching Bearcats for 43 years. He has a plethora of honors and positions under his belt — he’s worked with the Animal Behavior Program with the National Science Foundation (NSF), is the executive editor of the scholarly jour…
In the midst of the uncertainty brought by COVID-19, medical professionals have been thrust into the spotlight, working around the clock for the patients that are spilling out hospital doors. Even for students working toward medical degrees, it is an especially challenging time.
Flanked by a stark white lab coat, Dr. Lisa Wenstrup can be seen moving gracefully down the hallways of the University of Cincinnati’s Gardner Neuroscience Institute. The building’s fourth-floor glass windows offer a sweeping view of bustling Clifton life that reflects the diverse group of p…
- Q&A: Meet the UC professor who teaches classes in cannabis and hemp
- Student-founded organization hosts annual event to beautify local park
- URGE UC plans various events on sexual education for remainder of spring semester
- Living Openly: Uncovering queer indigenous history
- CEAS and UC Pharmacy partner for first dual-degree program in the nation
- Latino Faculty Association to honor impactful community members
- UC Ethnic Programs celebrates diversity and culture with 2020 WorldFest