Stress Less Fest 2014

Alex Monnin, a third-year biomedical engineering student, works on a knitting project in the TUC Atrium during Stress Less Fest’s Stress Free Zone in 2014. The event was organized by Counseling and Psychological Services and the Wellness Center.

Finals week is approaching, and for most students, that means stress is inevitable. That’s why the University of Cincinnati’s Student Wellness Center is hosting a week dedicated to self-care.

Related: Three of the best meditation apps on the market in 2019

Dubbed “Stress Less Fest,” the week-long event features several free activities to help UC students unwind. It starts Monday, April 22, and runs through Thursday, April 25.

Here’s a list of upcoming events, according to the center’s website.

Monday, April 22

Letters to Home — TUC Expressway, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.

Students can write and decorate cards to send to their family and friends.

Chair Yoga — Langsam Library fourth floor, 12:30-12:45 pm.

Participate in chair yoga with a Campus Rec Center (CRC) instructor. This event is open to people of all ages and ability levels.

Stress Less Yoga — Sigma Sigma Commons, 6-7 p.m.

Experience outdoor yoga with a CRC instructor. In the event of rain, this activity will move to Steger on the sixth floor.

Tuesday, April 23

Animal Therapy — McMicken Commons, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.

At this CAPS-sponsored event, students can meet therapy dogs and mini-horses.

Meditation — McMicken Commons, 11:30 a.m.-noon and 12:30-1 p.m.

Attend a mediation session at McMicken Commons presented by SKY @ UC (formerly YesPlus at UC).

Stress Less Crafternoon — TUC Atrium, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.

At this event, students can participate in hands-on activities, including coloring, DIY stress balls and sugar scrubs.

Sustainability Lunch n’ Learn — UC Women’s Center at Steger 571, Noon-1 p.m.

Students can enjoy making arts and crafts — plus, you’ll get a free lunch. Win-win.

Who has Time for Finance? — 3240 CRC, 12:30-1 p.m.

At this workshop, students will learn more about success skills that focus on “getting [you] familiar with your money.”

Wednesday. April 24

Healthy Snack Health Hut — MainStreet, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.

Make some overnight oats at this event. You’ll also learn how to stay properly nourished while studying. In the event of rain, this activity will move to the CRC Breezeway.

Stress and Wellness — 3240 CRC, 12:30-1:30 p.m.

This success skills workshop focuses of helping students find a balance.

Meet and Greet with University of Cincinnati Police Department (UCPD) K-9 Unit — Langsam Library Room 462, 1 p.m.

Attend this meet-and-greet session to see Officer Lance Long and his K-9 partner, Dozer.

Chair Yoga — Langsam Library fourth floor, 2:30-2:45 pm.

Participate in chair yoga with a Campus Rec Center (CRC) instructor. The event is open to people of all ages and ability levels.

Thursday, April 25

Stress Reduction Health Hut — Mainstreet, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.

Students are invited to explore unique ways to de-stress during finals week. Attendees will receive a free “Stress Less Kit.” In the event of rain, this activity will move to Langsam Library.

A Scale Smash — McMicken Lawn, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.

At this event, students can relieve stress before finals and learn how to destroy “fatphobia.”

Chair Yoga — Langsam Library fourth floor, 12:20-12:45 pm.

Presenting Like a Pro — 3240 CRC, 12:30-1:30 p.m.

This success skills workshop helps students practice and improve their public speaking skills for any class project or public presentation.

Late Night Open Field Day — Sheakley Lawn, 7-11 p.m.

Take part in this stress-free event Thursday evening on Sheakley Lawn. Free Adriatico’s pizza will be provided.

Pancakes with the Pintos — Center Court Dining Center, 9 p.m.-midnight

Students are invited to take a break from studying to enjoy a meal with President Neville Pinto and his wife.

For more information, visit the Student Wellness Center’s website, or click here to find them on Facebook.

News Editor

Keely Brown has been with The News Record since 2017 as staff reporter and news editor. This summer, she will be interning at Cincy Magazine.