Blink

BLINK, a festival of all things light and art, is returning to Cincinnati this year after a two-year absence. The 2022 BLINK festival spans four days and runs from 7-11 p.m. each night.

This weekend, from Oct. 13-16, Cincinnati’s skyline will be illuminated by grand shows of lights and lasers for BLINK, with projections and art exhibits lining 30 of Greater Cincinnati’s streets from downtown to Northern Kentucky.

If you’re looking for a way to experience Cincinnati while immersing yourself in its art and culture, BLINK is the way to go. Here is everything you need to know about this year’s festival. 

BLINK, a festival of all things light and art, is returning to Cincinnati this year after a two-year absence. The 2022 BLINK festival spans four days and runs from 7-11 p.m. each night. The festival is free to the public.

If you don’t have access to a car on campus, you’re in luck. Cincinnati Metro, All Metro, Access and TANK buses will not charge fares from 6 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. every night of BLINK, according to Cincinnati Metro. Cincinnati’s streetcar is free at all times. 

Each section of the festival is divided into individual exhibits, all crafted by an array of digital and practical artists worldwide. This year’s BLINK festival features artists from 13 countries, including Portugal, Italy, Germany, Poland, Spain, the United Kingdom, the United States and more.

According to the BLINK website, the festival can be described as an “impossible combination of escapism and mental presence.” 

Click here to view the full list of artists.

With 102 total exhibits in the festival, BLINK’s attractions are divided into five zones:

• Findlay Market

• Over-the-Rhine

• Downtown

• The Banks

• Covington

BLINK is offering an interactive guided tour in the form of a smartphone app, which is accessible after any donation of $10 toward BLINK’s philanthropy campaign, ArtsWave, which aims to provide funding for local and independent artists.

The return of BLINK means the return of creative job opportunities in Cincinnati after the pandemic rapidly slowed job growth. In 2019, BLINK supported 1,105 jobs, according to the Cincinnati Business Courier

Installations of the festival’s exhibits and displays began Oct. 9 and will continue until BLINK’s opening day on Thursday, Oct. 13. 

Tags

Life & Arts Reporter

Luke Bisesi has been with The News Record since 2022 as Life and Arts reporter. He has written feature stories for UC's College of Criminal Justice, Education, Community Engagement, Human Services, and Information Technology.