Christmas Carol

"A Christmas Carol" plays at Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park's Marx Theatre Nov. 27-29.

Stay warm and cozy inside while taking in some art this holiday season — everywhere you turn, you'll find show to get you in the spirit.

Check out which ones you need to put on your calendar:

Cincinnati Playhouse In The Park

"2 Pianos, 4 Hands"

Through Jan. 5, 2020

Rosenthal Shelter House Theatre

Piano wizardry and laugh-out-loud comedy come together to tell the story of Richard and Ted’s life-long pursuit of becoming concert pianist superstars. They work tirelessly to master legendary music from Beethoven and Bach to Billy Joel, enduring endless practice, stage fright and agonizing competition along the way. Two performers tickle the ivories (and your funny bone) while portraying dozens of characters like their naïve childhood selves, the eccentric piano teachers who guide them and the demanding parents who push them. Laughter and music abound in this riotous show about Richard and Ted’s humbling quest for musical greatness.

“A Christmas Carol”

Nov. 27-29

Marx Theatre

Ebenezer Scrooge undergoes a miraculous Christmas Eve transformation as he views with new eyes his past, present and the possibilities of the future. As he witnesses all those who have improved his life — his first love Belle, his kindhearted employer Fezziwig, his nephew Fred and his heartily abused clerk Bob Cratchit — he realizes that it's never too late to change his miserly ways.

Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati

“The Frog Princess”

Dec. 4-Jan. 4

It is time for Prince Ivan to marry, but when he discovers his bride-to-be is actually a frog, he is toad-ally disappointed. Vasilisa is more than your typical hoppy-go-lucky frog, though…she’s a kindhearted princess under a curse! When the villainous Old Bones takes Vasilisa to a far-away land, Ivan sets out to find her, discovering along his journey that love sees beyond outside appearances. With a revitalized script and score, this modern, musical spin on the classic beloved Russian fairy tale celebrates the beauty within each of us.

University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music

“The Art of Motion”

Dec. 5-8

Patricia Corbett Theater

There’s something for all dance fans in this show! Watch CCM dancers perform both classic and contemporary work restaged and choreographed by CCM faculty members in the Patricia Corbett Theater.

Aronoff Center

“Hello, Dolly!”

Dec. 3-15

Put on your Sunday clothes and head to the Aronoff for the new production of this old classic. Follow matchmaker Dolly Gallagher Levi as she tries to balance her own love life with that of her clients. The Tony Award-winning uproaringly hilarious comedy broke box office records during its run on broadway, so make sure you don’t miss it when it comes to Cincy. 

"Awaited"

Dec. 20-23

Experience the wonder of Christmas in a completely new way. “Awaited” is the creative retelling of the Christmas story brought to life on stage by over 80 performers. Featuring original choreography and music, along with favorite holiday classics, this family-friendly production reminds you why Christmas is the ultimate season of hope. 

Music Hall

"Holiday Pops Featuring Megan Hilty"

Dec. 13-15

Music Hall becomes a winter wonderland as you make memories of a lifetime with friends and family. This year's concert features vocalist Megan Hilty, star of TV's “Smash” and Broadway's “Wicked.” 

"The Nutcracker"

Dec. 19-29

Celebrate the holiday season with Clara and her Nutcracker Prince as they journey to the Land of Sweets. Join us for Cincinnati’s favorite family tradition: “The Nutcracker.” Let your imagination transport you to a land of dancing snowflakes and childhood dreams. Artistic Director Victoria Morgan’s whimsical choreography accompanies Tchaikovsky’s timeless score, performed by the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra. Share the magic of the season with the ones you love at “The Nutcracker.”

Cincinnati Shakespeare Company

"The Merry Wives of Windsor"

Through Dec. 7

The bawdy, bombastic, and chronically cash-poor Sir John Falstaff has been raising hell in the quiet town of Windsor. When his massive bar tab outstrips his meager means, he needs to raise some cash, and quick. He hatches a plan to seduce two of Windsor's most wealthy married women, but when they catch wind of his salacious scheme, they turn the tables on their would-be wooer, joining forces to teach him a lesson he won't soon forget.

“Every Christmas Story Ever Told (And Then Some!)”

Dec. 13-29

What begins as another annual production of “A Christmas Carol,” soon devolves into a slightly irreverent look at all of our favorite “Beloved Holiday Classics” including “It’s a Wonderful Life,” “Frosty, Rudolph,” “Charlie Brown” and more! Three actors (with the help of Santa) send up everything from Dickens to Dr. Seuss in 90-plus minutes of high octane jollity and frivolity.