Chick-fil-A

With each Chick-fil-A salad order you’ll receive a 2 oz package of your dressing of choice, but if you’ve ever found yourself asking for more, now you can look no further than your local grocery stores.

If you've had the chance to try one of Chick-fil-A's signature salads, you've probably noticed the variety of available dressings to accompany it. But if you've ever found yourself asking for more, look no further than your local grocery store.

As of October 2022, four of Chick-fil-A's signature sauces – Avocado Lime Ranch, Garden Herb Ranch, Creamy Salsa Dressing and Zesty Apple Cider Vinaigrette – will be available in 12-ounce bottles. 

Currently, the dressings are only available in Ohio and Tennessee, sold at participating Walmart, Meijer and Kroger locations. Chick-fil-A will continue unveiling the sauce bottles in retail locations across the United States until spring 2023, when the sauces will be available countrywide.

This unveiling takes place at the height of Chick-fil-A's commercial earnings after bringing in an estimated $5.8 billion in revenue throughout 2021.

Adding these sauces to the retail market follows a common theme, with Chick-fil-A releasing its popular dipping sauces - Chick-fil-A Sauce, Polynesian, Barbeque, Honey Mustard and Garden Herb Ranch – in eight-ounce bottle form in 2020. 

Although these sauces are meant to be used with Chick-fil-A's salads, adventurous eaters can use them in various ways. Below are two alternate combinations I particularly enjoyed. 

Creamy and spicy avocado dipping sauce

When I first tried the Avocado Lime Ranch dressing, I immediately wondered how a spicier version would taste. This prompted me to mix the dressing with some of Chick-fil-A's Zesty Buffalo Sauce, which created a thick sauce with a well-balanced trio of flavors — the spiciness of the buffalo sauce created the perfect contrast to the hints of avocado and lime. This sauce is best paired with chicken nuggets or, my new favorite, atop a spicy chicken sandwich.

Southwest-style loaded fries

Every time I've been to Chick-fil-A, I've always wondered why there weren't more menu items that utilized their waffle fries, which, in my opinion, triumph over most fast-food fries. Although this one takes a bit of work after receiving your food, it's completely worth the effort if this flavor combination is up your alley. In a small dish or bowl containing your waffle fries, top the fries with an order of chicken nuggets (break them into small pieces for easier consumption) and drizzle Creamy Salsa on top. The combination creates a creamy, protein-rich way to enjoy your waffle fries.

Life & Arts Reporter

Luke Bisesi has been with The News Record since 2022 as Life and Arts reporter. He has written feature stories for UC's College of Criminal Justice, Education, Community Engagement, Human Services, and Information Technology.