University of Cincinnati students pulled back the curtains and had the chance to participate as extras in the filming of Goat, an upcoming movie produced by Killer Films and Rabbit Bandini Productions.

Goatstars Nick Jonas as a fraternity member who goes through a series of hazing rituals.

The scenes in which students participated were shot May 5 at Uncle Woodys Pub, a local college bar on Calhoun Street. Nick Jonas was not present at the time.

Taylor Hennessy, a third-year political science and philosophy student, was recruited to participate in the movie after one of her friends auditioned for an extra part. She said the back of the bar was set up like a pizzeria for the scene.

Hennessy, who has also been a dance contestant on NBCs Americas Got Talentand an extra in ABCs Extreme Home Makeover, played the role of Girl at Fratty Bar. She got to sit right next to the actors and actresses who had lines in the scene.

They did two sets of lines while I was next to them and I got to speak briefly with one of the actresses,Hennessy said.

Carlie Yersky, a third-year psychology and sociology student, was also invited to participate as a bar customer and described some of the behind the scenes quirks of being on a movie set.

All the drinks at the bar were fake,Yersky said. I had a nice glass of ginger ale mixed with apple juice next to me.

Along with fake drinks, Yersky said everyone had to pantomime while the scene was being shot, meaning they had to pretend to talk and interact with each other without actually making any noise.

While Hennessy and Yersky both enjoyed the experience, not everyone who participated as an extra was as happy with the realities that go into being on a movie set.

Marissa Smith, a third-year pre-pharmacy and chemistry student, did not enjoy being an extra.

I didnt get to do anything exciting,Smith said. I just got to stand around at a bar.

All three girls agreed that, even as extras, participating in the movie entailed a long day of work.

The extras were called to set around 11 a.m. and did not shoot the scene until 5 p.m. In between being called and shooting, they were given character profiles, had to get their outfits approved and meet with hair and makeup designers.

Yersky left the set at the end of the day with some insight on what it takes to be on the set of a film.

You have to be a very patient person to be an extra and be willing to step out of your comfort zone,Yersky said. If you are stuck in the person you are in real life, you might look like a fool on camera.