LGBTQ Center Drag Show flyer_2022

The UC LGBTQ+ Center is hosting an on-campus drag show, complete with a DJ, snacks, and local and national drag queens.

Finish up September on a good note and start October on the right foot by checking out these events on campus and around the city. 

Sept. 27: Charcuterie and Canvases 

Join the South Asian American Student Association in a painting activity and a picnic with free food and drinks. 

Free. 6-7 p.m. Bearcat Commons. Information here

Sept. 28-Oct. 3: Tour a WWII Operational Landing Ship Tank 

The 328-foot-long Landing Ship Tank (LST) 325 will be parked and available for tours at the Public Boat Landing. Presented by Cincinnati Parks, take a tour and learn about the history of the only operational LSTs in the United States.

$15. 9 a.m.-5 p.m. 705 E. Pete Rose Way. Information here

Sept. 29: Summer Cinema: “Black Panther”

Summer Cinema is a free movie screening on Thursdays at Washington Park. On top of the “Black Panther” screening, there will be food trucks, activities and a bar on site. 

Free. 8-10 p.m. 1230 Elm St. Information here

Sept. 30: LGBTQ+ Center Drag Show

The UC LGBTQ+ Center is hosting an on-campus drag show, complete with a DJ, snacks, and local and national drag queens. All are welcome, and proceeds go to the Center’s trip to the Midwest Bisexual Gay Transgender Asexual College Conference. 

$5. 7-10 p.m. TUC Great Hall. Information here

Sept 30: Art After Dark Fall Fiesta

The Cincinnati Art Museum is celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month with this free event that includes live music, dance performances, cash bars, food and tours. 

Free. 5-9 p.m. 953 Eden Park Dr. Information here

Oct. 1: Wyoming Fall Festival 

The 39th annual Wyoming Fall Festival will have 80+ vendors, artists and organizations, as well as live music and food. 

Free. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. 400 Wyoming Ave. Information here. 

Oct. 1-2: Sunflower Festival 

The Sunflower Festival at Gorman Heritage Farm has rows and rows of sunflowers, live music, craft vendors, a beer garden, food trucks and more. 

$10. 10 a.m.-6 p.m. 10052 Reading Rd. Information here. 

Oct. 2: Flea in the Fort

This is your last chance to check out Flea in the Fort this season. The Fort Thomas handmade artisan craft show will also have food trucks, craft beer and live music. 

Free. 10 a.m.-3 p.m. 801 Cochran St. Information here

Oct. 2: Hyde Park Art Show

Stop by one of Cincinnati’s oldest art shows and discover your new favorite local artist at Hyde Park Square. 

Free. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. 2700 Erie Ave. Information here

Life and Arts Editor

Brianna Connock has been with The News Record since the fall of 2020 as a contributor, staff reporter and now as life and arts editor. She has previously interned as a correspondent with Gateway Journalism Review.