Wyoming Community Coffee

Wyoming Community Coffee is hosting its last market of the year with a lineup of local vendors with holiday gifts, vintage goods and more. 

Unleash your artistic side, connect with nature, or discover a new book to read by checking out these local shops and events in Cincinnati this week.

Nov. 16: A Taft Holiday Tradition

Look no further for a combination of historic art and holiday cheer. The Taft Museum is setting up Charles and Anna Taft’s elaborate tea set at the Taft Historic House that they would use annually for a tea party on New Year’s Day.

$10-$12. Museum hours: Wednesday through Sunday 11 a.m.-4 p.m. 316 Pike St. Information here.

Nov. 18: Art Attack

If you’re interested in learning more about the local art scene, stop by Braxton Brewing Co. for this pop-up event where local artists will be discussing and selling their best pieces.

Free. 7-11p.m. 331 E 13th St. Information here.

Nov. 19-20: Holiday Open House at Rookwood Pottery and Tile

Get in the holiday spirit with workshops, gifts, tours and more at Rookwood Pottery and Tile. Hands-on workshops include pour your own candle, glaze your own ornament, floral centerpiece making and more.

Prices and times vary per ticket. 1920 Race St. Information and tickets here.

Nov. 19: 2nd Annual Black Book Fair

Presented by Regal Rhythms Poetry, this event will educate attendees about authors who are Black, indigenous or people of color. Authors will discuss and sell their work.

Free. 1-8 p.m. 5524 Belmont Ave. Information here.

Nov. 19: Autumn Forest Hike

Hike through the LaBoiteaux Woods on a rugged trail with an expert naturalist guide and learn about the changes of the environment.

Free. 10-11:30 a.m. 5400 Lanius Lane. Information and registration here.

Nov. 19: Advanced Watercolor

This UC Communiversity Adult Learning class will teach you everything you need to know about watercolor, from techniques to color mixing. All supplies needed are included in the class fee.

$59. Noon-2 p.m. 2220 Victory Pkwy. Information and registration here.

Nov. 20: Holiday Market at The Work+Shop

Free. 10 a.m.-4p.m. 434 Springfield Pike. Information here.

Life and Arts Editor

Brianna Connock has been with The News Record since the fall of 2020 as a contributor, staff reporter and now as life and arts editor. She has previously interned as a correspondent with Gateway Journalism Review.