Music Hall (copy)

Go behind the scenes at Music Hall with a tour by the Society for the Preservation of Music Hall. The two 60-minute tours start at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. on Saturday, March 30, 2019.

Friday, March 29

Art After Dark: Passport to Paris: Enjoy an evening in the City of Lights right here in the Queen City at the Cincinnati Art Museum this Friday. Listen to some sweet jazz tunes from the Faux Frenchman, dance along with Madame Gigi’s Outrageous French Cancan Dancers, munch on French lite bites like macarons and cheeses of all sorts, and sip on some wine straight out of vineyards in France. Bon appetit! 5-9 p.m. Friday. Cincinnati Art Museum, 953 Eden Park Drive, Mount Adams. Free.

‘A Culture of Silence’ Film Premiere: The Esquire hosts the premiere of “A Culture of Silence,” a locally produced feature documentary. The film comes in the wake of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati firing a Catholic school assistant principal for publicly expressing his support for marriage equality. The documentary chronicles the stories of students from Cincinnati area Catholic schools who are speaking out about what it’s like to be a member of the LGBTQ+ community at these religious institutions. Click or tap here to purchase tickets. 7 p.m. Friday; 1 p.m. Saturday. Esquire/Mariemont/Kenwood theatres, Clifton/Mariemont/Kenwood. $10.

Saturday, March 30

CCM Orchestra and Choral Series: CCM’s Philharmonia and Chamber Choir present an evening of Baroque this Saturday. The duo will perform two classic 18th-century works: George Handel’s “Zadok the Priest” and J.S. Bach’s “Magnificat.” Then, the Philharmonia will break off and perform Bach’s “Brandenburg Concerto” and Handel’s “Water Music.” The event is free to UC students. 4 p.m. Saturday. Patricia Corbett Theatre, Mary Emery Hall. Free.

Backstage and Beyond: Inside Cincinnati Music Hall: Ever wanted to see what’s behind the curtain at the acclaimed Cincinnati classical music mecca? The Society for the Preservation of Music Hall hosts two 60-minute tours this weekend that go behind the scenes of the beloved, newly renovated, 140-year-old building. The hall is supposedly haunted, so be prepared to see a ghost or two. 1:30 and 3 p.m. Saturday. Cincinnati Music Hall, 1241 Elm St., Over-the-Rhine. $15.

Sunday, March 31

Pups & Pints at 3 Points Urban Brewery: Is your doggo yearning to get a taste of the fresh spring air? Head to 3 Points this weekend to help quell that pup’s cabin fever. Watch March Madness games and enjoy cold brewskis while keeping your pet entertained with some delectable doggy treats. A portion of the sales proceeds benefit the Peppermint Pig Animal Rescue. 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday. 3 Points Urban Brewery, 331 E. 13th St., Pendleton. Free.

Cincy IPA March Madness at Higher Gravity: Watch your favorite Cincinnati breweries duke it out over who’s got the best India pale ale. It’s a competition between 16 breweries to see whose brews can get in the most bellies — drink a pint from your favorite place, and it’ll get a point. Get a flight, and you can choose which breweries in your set of samples earns a point. Finally, if you wear your brewery-of-choice’s spirit wear, it’ll get another mark added to its tally. The bracket will be going at four bars, but Higher Gravity in Northside is closest to campus. Noon. Sunday. Higher Gravity, 4106 Hamilton Ave., Northside. Free.