Flowers

A bouquet by The Budding Florist at the Findlay Market Valentine's Day Sweet Stroll, Sunday, Feb. 11, 2018.

Friday, Feb. 15

Valentine’s Weekend Special at Mecklenburg Gardens: Both the oldest and German-est restaurant in Cincinnati, Mecklenburg Gardens holds a special place in our hearts as the best place in town to take in some good ol’ fashioned gemütlichkeit — and it’s right down the street from UC. This weekend, the restaurant is offering a Valentine’s Day special dinner for you and your schatzi with plenty of gourmet choices, both German and American. Call (513) 221-5353 to make reservations. 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Mecklenburg Gardens, 302 E. University Ave., Corryville. $40/person; $76/couple.

CCM Mainstage Acting Series: “Our Country’s Good”: CCM Acting puts on Timberlake Wertenbaker’s 1988 play that tells the untold true story of Australia’s first theatrical performance. Set in a 1780s convict camp, a marine lieutenant casts a group of prisoners to put on a play to celebrate the king’s birthday. “‘Our Country’s Good’ is an inspiring tribute to the transforming power of drama,” CCM’s website reads. Call (513) 556-4183 or email boxoff@uc.edu for tickets. Student tickets are available at a discount. 8 p.m. Friday; 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. Saturday; 2 p.m. Sunday. Patricia Corbett Theater, CCM Plaza.

Saturday, Feb. 16

Winter Bonanza 2019 at MadTree: MadTree hosts its annual arctic shindig Saturday in its giant Oakley taproom. It’s the perfect escape from the bone-chilling winter weather as you warm yourself by those giant electric heaters, listen to live music, nosh on some food-truck munchies and sip on some brewskis. At noon, there will be guest beer tappings from breweries from around the region, including Yellow Springs Brewery, Warped Wing Brewing of Dayton, Jackie O’s of Athens and more. Admission is free, and you can click or tap here to purchase your $6 beer tickets in advance. Noon-1 a.m. Saturday. MadTree, 3301 Madison Road, Oakley. Free.

Cincinnati Ballet: “The Sleeping Beauty”: Just in time for V-Day, the ages-old love story “The Sleeping Beauty” is coming to the Cincinnati Ballet. Overlaid with a spellbinding score by Tchaikovsky, this performance “will awaken your senses and transport you to a magical place where a beautiful sleeping princess is awakened by a kiss and good triumphs over evil,” according to Cincinnati Ballet’s website. Click or tap here to buy tickets. Various times Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Music Hall, 1241 Elm St., Over-the-Rhine. Prices vary.

Sunday, Feb. 17

Valentine’s Day Sweet & Savory Stroll: Bring your boo — or anyone, really — to Findlay Market this Sunday for a bunch of samples of all things sweet (and savory) for Valentine’s Day. Dozens of tasting stations will be set up, including favorites like Taste of Belgium, Areti’s Gyros, OTR Bagel Bar and more. Five samples are $20, and you can click or tap here to buy your tickets. 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday. Findlay Market, 1801 Race St., Over-the-Rhine. $20.

Bearcats vs. Wichita State Men’s Basketball: In recent years, Wichita State has been known to swoop in and claim that “Cinderella Story” stamp during March Madness. See if the Bearcats can get the gold this Sunday. Student tickets are available at a discount. 1 p.m. Sunday. Fifth Third Arena, Varsity Village.