Washington Park winter

Get yourself some winter brews to fight the winter blues. The inaugural Mittenfest, held in Washington Park, will feature craft beers, a DJ, food trucks and other surprises. 

Whether you’re able to make it out amid the inches of snow piling at our doorsteps, there’s no lack of events going on at UC and in Cincinnati to keep you busy. Check out some of these events going on this week, both online and off. 

Performances

Feb. 19 – 21: Spirited Riffs

Musical worlds collide and amplify one another in a lively, jazz-inspired escapade. Among the influences in John Adams’ Chamber Symphony are the music of Schoenberg and scores from cartoons watched by his son.

$14+, various times. Music Hall, 1241 Elm St. Tickets here.

Food & Drink 

Feb. 20 – 21: Mittenfest

Get yourself some winter brews to fight the winter blues. The inaugural Mittenfest will feature craft beers, a DJ, food trucks and other surprises.

21+, $25, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Washington Park, 1230 Elm St. Tickets here. 

Art

Feb. 18 – 21: Future History Now: Black Art Gallery

Join MORTAR for its sixth annual event celebrating Black History Month with a black artist showcase throughout February. This curated gallery of Black Visual Artists will further strengthen the midwest as a hub for Black entrepreneurs and artists.

Free, various times. BRICK Pop Up Shops - Walnut Hills, 963 E. McMillan St. Information here.

Feb. 20: Winter Market

Plants, gluten-free baked goods, dog treats, jams, jellies and so much more. Don’t miss out on these amazing artisans’ handcrafted goods. 

Free, noon – 5 p.m. Big Ash Brewing, 5230 Beechmont Ave. Information here.

School Events 

Feb. 15: Meditation Mondays

A powerful guided session with practical tools that can help you relax, cope with anxiety, boost immunity and stay happy. 

Free, 6 – 6:45 p.m. Virtual. Information here.

Feb. 18: Lunch with Librarians

Join the Clermont College Librarians for some casual conversation over the lunch hour. No agendas or formality in this event as it is just a social event to get to know each other and connect during online work. 

Free, noon – 1 p.m. Virtual. Information here.

Feb. 20: Taiwanese Lunar New Year Celebration

We will host the Lunar New Year and celebrate the Year of the Ox. We welcome everyone to gather online and celebrate with us by viewing our performances and participating in our activities. 

Free, 5 – 7 p.m. Virtual. Information here. 

Bonus 

Feb. 20: For the Love of Farm Animals

Take a trip to the Farmyard to learn how we take care of our animals. You will partake in animal care by grooming horses, feeding chickens and more. Then head back down to make valentines for loved ones, and leave a chicken or rabbit footprint on your work.

$13, 10 a.m. – noon. Gorman Heritage Farm, 10052 Reading Rd. Tickets here.

Feb. 21: Queens of Queen City: Cincinnati Stories of African American Women

Black women in Ohio broke barriers and laid a foundation for future generations. Learn more about Cincinnati’s own Queens of the Heartland. These queens broke barriers, but they are more than a list of firsts.

$7+, 4 p.m. Virtual. Tickets here.