Records

Record Store Day is Saturday, April 13, 2019. Local record stores including Everybody's Records, Shake-It Records and Plaid Room Records will be selling limited edition Record Store Day releases. For more information, visit RecordStoreDay.com.

Friday, April 12

CCM Mainstage Opera Series: ‘La Clemenza di Tito’: Wolfgang Mozart’s 1791 opera gets an updated twist this weekend at the College-Conservatory of Music’s Mainstage Opera Series. Follow along as Roman emperor Titus faces tribulations of finding a match, avoiding an assassination plot and fighting his sister for the throne — all taking place in an updated 1959 Cuban Revolution setting. Discounts available for UC students. 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday; 2 p.m. Sunday. Corbett Auditorium, Mary Emery Hall.

Live Band Karaoke at Northside Tavern: Ever wanted to front your own rock outfit? Get a taste of the lead-singer life this Friday at Northside Tavern with an evening of live band karaoke. Pick from a list of songs and sing to your heart’s content. Sign-ups start at 8:30 p.m. 9 p.m. Friday. Northside Tavern, 4163 Hamilton Ave., Northside. Free.

Saturday, April 13

Record Store Day 2019: Everybody’s Records hosts its annual Record Store Day event this Saturday. Starting bright and early at 9 a.m., you can spend the day scoping out limited-release records, jamming to live music, participating in giveaways and trying your hand at winning a direct-drive turntable. 9 a.m. Saturday. Everybody’s Records, 6106 Montgomery Road, Pleasant Ridge. Free.

Boozin’ Through the ’90s Bar Crawl: Celebrate the decade in which many of us were born this Saturday at a flannel-fueled, hip-hop-laden pub crawl in Over-the-Rhine and The Banks. Participating bars may offer up to a 40 percent discount on drinks, and there won’t be a cover charge to enter. Check in at Tin Roof, and make stops at Kitty’s Sports Grill, Blind Pig, Galla Park and Jefferson Social. Be sure to dress up, because there will be a costume contest. Click here for ticket information. 2-10 p.m. Saturday. Tin Roof, 160 E. Freedom Way, The Banks. $39.99.

Sunday, April 14

Art on Vine: Hello Spring: We’re well into April, which means it’s high time to crawl out of hibernation and bask in the sunshine. Come to Rhinegeist this Sunday to greet spring with Cincinnati’s favorite local art fair, where more than 70 vendors will be in attendance to sell you their art and handmade goods. Every month, Art on Vine makes a donation to a local nonprofit, so you can feel good while embarking on some springtime shopping. Noon-7 p.m. Sunday. Rhinegeist, 1910 Elm St., Over-the-Rhine. Free.

Zoo Blooms: If April showers bring May flowers, then the Cincinnati Zoo has a leg up on the competition. Starting this month, visitors can come to the zoo and gaze upon hundreds of thousands of beautiful flowers throughout the park. Participate in the “Tulip Mania” event while you take in the sights of 1 million beautiful plants, including daffodils, hyacinths, flowering trees, shrubs and, of course, tulips. The flower show is open during regular zoo hours daily. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. every day through April 30. Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden, 3400 Vine St., Corryville. $15-$17.

Raiders of the Lost Laughs at Urban Artifact: Guys, graduation is just three weeks away — but hey, who’s counting? Come to Urban Artifact’s semi-monthly comedy open mic Sunday for a few laughs before you start thinking about studying for finals and dropping cash on your cap and gown. Sign-ups start at 6:30 p.m., and the show starts at 7 p.m. 7-9 p.m. Sunday. Urban Artifact, 1660 Blue Rock St., Northside. Free.