A$AP Ferg

A$AP Ferg is the headliner of Uptown West Fest which will be held in Fifth Third Arena on Saturday, April 6, 2019.

Friday, April 5

Christian Moerlein Friday Night Pizza Night: What better way to kick off the weekend with a cold brewski and a delectable hand-tossed pizza? Head to Christian Moerlein Brewing Co.’s taproom Friday to fulfill your weekend fantasies with an evening of beer, Italian(ish) food and a live-music open mic. With more than 80 beers rotating on tap, there will be plenty of alcohol ripe for the picking. 5-11 p.m. Friday. Christian Moerlein Brewing Co., 1621 Moore St., Over-the-Rhine. Free.

CCM Musical Theatre Series: 'Yeast Nation': The College-Conservatory of Music’s musical theatre crew takes on the bizarre 2007 rock-musical “Yeast Nation” this weekend. From Tony winners Greg Kotis and Mark Hollmann, this peculiar satire tells the tale of the only living creatures on earth in the year 3,000,458,000 B.C.: tiny, salt-eating yeasts. The story follows the creatures as they fight a food shortage, discover love and break free from all the cultural norms of their yeasty world. Call (513) 556-4183 to reserve your free ticket. 8 p.m. Friday; 2 and 8 p.m. Saturday. Corbett Center for the Performing Arts, Mary Emery Hall. Free.

Saturday, April 6

Uptown West Fest: The end of the school year is nigh, which means it’s time to study for finals, scramble to buy your graduation gown — and experience Uptown West Fest, of course. UC’s favorite annual concert is back with two show-stopping acts: A$AP Ferg and Lost Kings. Buy your tickets now at www.gobearcats.com before they’re gone. 7-11 p.m. Saturday. Fifth Third Arena, Varsity Village. $15 UC students; $30 non-UC students.

International Slow Art Day at CAM: In the digital age, we’re all about instant gratification: movies at the touch of a button, quick scrolls through Instagram, contorting our every thought into a 280-character tweet that will fade into nothingness as your followers’ timelines lengthen second by second. But when was the last time you really, really looked closely at something, like a piece of art? The Cincinnati Art Museum hosts an International Slow Art Day event, where you can participate in a guided tour that will force you to spend 15 minutes (each) on five different works and truly soak up the beauty of each one. You’ll even be led by some knowledgeable UC students on your journey. 3-4:30 p.m. Saturday. Cincinnati Art Museum, 953 Eden Park Drive, Mount Adams. Free.

Sunday, April 7

Campus Superstar at the Aronoff: Show your support for resident UC students at the sixth-annual Cincinnati Hillel Campus Superstar — a singing competition where students from local universities duke it out for a $5,000 prize. In addition to students from nearby colleges, six students from UC will be competing in this all-genre sing-off. The audience decides who wins, so come on out and cast your vote. 7-9 p.m. Sunday. Aronoff Center for the Arts, 650 Walnut St., Downtown. $35.

Modo Yoga at Rhinegeist Brewery: Need to unwind after a wild Uptown West Fest last night? Spend a relaxing Sunday morning at Rhinegeist with a session of yoga, courtesy of Modo Yoga. Admission is free, but donations are encouraged. Be sure to bring a yoga mat. 10:30-11:30 a.m. Sunday. Rhinegeist Brewery, 1910 Elm St., Over-the-Rhine. Free.