Super Bowl food

Looking for some last-minute snack ideas to celebrate the Super Bowl? Managing editor Noelle Zielinski has a few.

If you forgot that today is the Super Bowl (like I did) and you need to prepare a few dishes to impress your party guests, here are some quick and easy recipes that are sure to satisfy everyone.

Football cheese ball 

Cheese balls are a crowd favorite, and they’re super easy to whip up right before kickoff. You only need a few ingredients and a silicon spatula (don’t worry, just use your hands if you don’t have a hand mixer). You’ll need 16 ounces of cream cheese, one packet of ranch seasoning mix, 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, some crushed bacon and chopped green onions for garnish. 

1. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl with your spatula (or hands) until well combined.

2. Form your mixture in to the shape of a football 

3. Add the chopped green onions for garnish and use a few extra pieces of your shredded cheddar to form the lines on the top of the football, and there you go! Serve with crackers and enjoy.

Tip: If you prepare your cheese ball in advance, store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

Hot and spicy sausage dip 

Who doesn’t enjoy chips and dip during the Super Bowl? This fast and easy, hot and spicy sausage dip only requires three ingredients, and it’s a great dish for a large crowd. You’ll need 1 pound of pork sausage (hot or regular depending on your preference), one 10-ounce can of original Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chilies) and 8 ounces of cream cheese. 

1. Cook sausage in a large skillet and gradually break up pieces, just as you would for taco meat. Drain excess fat once done cooking.

2. Add Rotel and cream cheese. Mix well until blended and heated thoroughly.

3. Place in a small serving dish or crock pot and serve with your favorite tortilla chips.

Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Pinwheels

Feeling a bit more adventurous? These buffalo chicken tortilla pinwheels require a bit more effort, but they’re well worth it in the end. You’ll need 8 ounces of softened cream cheese, one-half cup of hot wing sauce, one-fourth cup of blue cheese crumbles, 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, one-fourth cup of finely chopped green onions, 1 pound of cooked and shredded chicken breast, 5 large flour tortillas and a hand mixer.

1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese on low and gradually add sauce, blue cheese, shredded cheddar and green onions. Beat until blended. 

2. Stir in shredded chicken with a silicon spatula or by hand. 

3. Spread an even layer of mixture on each tortilla and roll tightly.

4. Place rolled tortillas on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for between two and four hours

5. Remove and cut each roll into six even pieces. Place on a plate and enjoy.

Tip: Place a toothpick in each pinwheel to prevent them from unraveling.