Avengers: Endgame Poster

If you’ve enjoyed all the Marvel movies of the last decade, you won’t be disappointed by the cinematic universe’s final installment.

In “Avengers: Infinity War”, the team of iconic superheroes worked to prevent supervillain Thanos from collecting the six infinity stones — each holding different powers of mind, power, reality, soul, space and time. If collected, each stone would be placed into the infinity gauntlet, which serves as a glove that can be worn to wield each of the stone’s powers.

Destined to bring order to the universe, Thanos wished to use the gauntlet to snap away half of all living creatures. After a grueling intergalactic battle, Thanos attained the stones and uses the glove to fulfill his plan. Half of all life disappeared including Marvel heroes Black Panther, Spiderman, Star-Lord, Dr. Strange and Loki. 

“Avengers: Endgame” picks up with our remaining heroes desperate for a way to bring their friends and family back. In this installment, Iron Man, along with Captain America, Black Widow, Thor, Ant-Man, Hakweye, the Hulk and new hero Captain Marvel take the biggest risk to undo the snap of Thanos.

Marvel released “Endgame” April 26 to a $60 million debut from Thursday night showings, with an expected opening weekend around $300 million. If the film makes over $257 million, it will break the previous record for highest opening weekend set by “Avengers: Infinity War” last year.

The creative team did the seemingly impossible — they created an iconic battle more thrilling and jaw-dropping than the fight in “Infinity War” and several memorable moments that will leave fans cheering in the theater. The incredibly satisfying ending is worth the 11-year build up.

The powerhouse female representation builds off the momentum of Marvel’s first female-led movie, “Captain Marvel”, released earlier this year. Each female hero is given their moment to truly shine and provides for gasp-worthy moments that female comic book fans have deserved for quite some time. 

The spectacular battles and character moments are all due to an impressive script written by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, who wrote “Captain America: Civil War” and “Avengers: Infinity War”. Each character is given worthy development and the script holds very clever story elements that drive the franchise to a whole new level.  

“Avengers: Endgame” provides genuine danger for Marvel’s favorite heroes. The consequences of their actions alter the course of the superhero universe for forever and set the franchise on a whole new chapter for its next phase of movies and heroes. This is not a movie to be missed, and lives up to the sky-high expectations of one of the best superhero movies ever.

David Rees has been with The News Record since September 2018 as staff reporter, chief reporter, and features editor.