Cincy Collaborative

Cincy Collaborative’s first fall event will feature a fashion show with local boutiques and vintage stores.

Cincy Collaborative is hosting its first fall-themed event, “Creatives After Dark: Harvest Your Creativity,” Saturday, Oct. 6.

“Cincy Collaborative [is] a group of artists collaborating, working and inspiring each other,” said Kristen Smith, one of the event organizers. “There is no limitation to this group. Art, to me, is any way you express yourself.”

The event will include a fashion show featuring local boutiques and vintage stores, including Down To Mars Vintage, BlaCk OWned, Lonercult and more.

Some vendors plan to sell clothing at the event. All the models in the fashion show are from Heyman Talent, a local modeling agency. The artists, performers, dancers and models are native to Cincinnati as well.

“The event is directed toward creative, hipster people who like to mess with different media,” Smith said.

The night will also feature a live professional dance performance by Smith’s dance company, Beyond Ballet. Figure 8 professional crew will provide the lighting and sound design.

“All proceeds from this and future events will be put toward the next event to support the local artists [and] creatives involved,” Smith said. “It is very hard to find work as an artist, so in most cases, it is solely the passion in the creation that keeps artists going. It is also very common for artists to be asked to work for free, which is saddening for all the time, effort and money put into these creations.”

Along with bringing several groups together, the goal of the event is to be interactive. There will be several large installations, including one that includes more than 300 hanging stuffed animals intended for guest interaction.

There will be a photo station and several backdrops for guests to take photos and participate in the event.

Guests are encouraged to bring cameras and to take photos and videos documenting the event, and visual artists will display their work around the venue throughout the night. Smith called it a portfolio-building experience for everyone involved.

It’s also a chance to network. Artists, dancers, photographers, painters, designers, curators and more will be in attendance. Though everyone is welcome to attend, there will be a cash bar available for attendees over the age of 21.

This is the first event that Cincy Collaborative has hosted, but the group hopes to host many more in the coming months. The organization hopes to engage the community with art while providing a space that will pay for the work of all involved artists and media professionals.

General admission is $10. VIP admission for those over 21 is $30. VIP admission includes reserved seating for the fashion show and two drinks.

The event will be held at the Felsenhaus, 242 W. McMicken Ave., from 8 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 6.

“It’s in a warehouse, but it’s not going to look like it,” Smith said. “We’ve put a lot of work into it. The idea is that we’re all local creatives putting the event together, and we want anyone coming to be creative.”

Life and Arts Editor

Briana Rice is a journalism and digital media double-major. She was the life and arts editor at The News Record for the 2018-2019 academic year. She is also a digital producer at FOX19 and has interned with the Cincinnati Enquirer.