Mount Adams is full of beauty in all forms, and it’s right in the University of Cincinnati’s backyard. Whether you want to sit and relax outside, admire some art, explore nature or enjoy some good food, be sure to check out this versatile neighborhood.

Here’s what you can find in Mount Adams:

Start the afternoon with a picnic and a stroll in Eden Park.

Named after the Garden of Eden, according to its website, Eden Park is a sprawling greenspace in Mount Adams that shares space with Walnut Hills. It’s one of six central Cincinnati parks. Mirror Lake, which lies in the middle of the park, is a remnant of history — it used to be a water reservoir.

Eden Park is also home to several beautiful footpaths with various war memorials and sculptures scattered around. If you’re up for a little adventure, try embarking on a Segway tour throughout the park. You’ll get to experience Eden Park in its entirety, and you’ll also get to learn details about its history from a tour guide.

Admire some lovely art at the Cincinnati Art Museum.

The museum boasts a collection of more than 67,000 works spanning 6,000 years, and you can check out the majority of it for free. From fashion, musical instruments and furniture to paintings, sculptures and drawings, the Cincinnati Art Museum has it all.

The “Paris 1900: City of Entertainment” exhibit is on display now through May 12 as a ticketed exhibit. It features more than 200 works by famed artists, including Pierre-Auguste Renoir, Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, Auguste Rodin and more. Many of the pieces are borrowed from high-profile art institutions from around the world, such as the Petit Palais Museum of Fine Arts in Paris, France.

Art enthusiasts should also be sure to check out the Contemporary Arts Center downtown, where graduate DAAP students are presenting their latest showcase now through April 7.

Related: DAAP graduates present showcase at Contemporary Arts Center

Get some good eats at Mt. Adams Bar and Grill.

Grab a burger with a side of history at a former speakeasy. George Remus, an infamous Cincinnati bootlegger, owned and operated the bar during the prohibition era. When the 21st Amendment was passed, the bar became the “first drinking establishment in Ohio to obtain a liquor license,” according to its website.

The menu has a wide selection of sandwiches, burgers, salads and more. Prices range from an affordable $5.50 to $19.95 for heartier fare.

Conclude the night with a show at Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park.

The Playhouse is a two-time Tony Award-winning professional theatre hub, and there’s always beautiful, high-quality shows to be found here.

“You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown” is running April 20 to May 18. If you’re a “Peanuts” fan, this is your chance to see the gang come to life onstage. Watch as Charlie Brown tries to find his purpose, and learn more about Sally, Linus, Lucy, Schroeder, Patty and Snoopy. This is a new staging of the musical — one where each actor will play their own music.

Tickets and more information can be found by clicking or tapping here.

Life and Arts Editor

Anne Simendinger has been with The News Record since September 2017 as a staff reporter, digital producer, and life and arts editor. She is also a Cincinnati contributor for BroadwayWorld.