family=
May 30, 2016

Walter Hartwell White Sr.: father, husband, friend, meth kingpin

Posted: Thursday, October 3, 2013 2:02 pm

Walter Hartwell White Sr., 52, of Albuquerque, New Mexico died from an accidental, self-inflicted gunshot wound. 

White was born Sept. 7, 1959. 

White graduated from the California Institute of Technology with a Master’s degree in Chemistry. After graduating, he co-found Gray Matter with friend and colleague Elliot Schwartz. After personal issues with his lab assistant, White accepted a buyout of $5,000 for his share of the company. 

Gray Matter went on to become a multi-billion dollar company and to earned Nobel Prize in Chemistry, largely in part of White’s research on photon radiography. 

Most knew White as a passionate chemistry teacher at JP Wynne High School. During his time there, White was diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer. 

It was then that White traded in his pleasantly normal life for a life of crime. 

DEA officials know Walter Hartwell White Sr. as Heisenberg — the biggest methamphetamine kingpin of the Midwest. 

White’s signature product was blue methamphetamine — Blue Sky. It was the most potent methamphetamine drug officials had ever come across. 

Reports of the drug reached as far as Europe during White’s career. 

White is associated with groups such as the Mexican Cartel and a White Supremacist gang. 

Albuquerque police located his body at a methamphetamine compound inside the laboratory. Officers also found bodies of Todd Alquist, Jack Welker and others still to be identified. 

White is survived by two children, Walter Hartwell White Jr. and Holly White and beloved wife, Skylar White.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to methamphetamine rehabilitation clinics in the American Southwest. 

The location of the visitation and funeral are undisclosed.  

Featured Events

• 30 Americans

• Mon, May 30, 11:00 am EDT
    • Cincinnati Art Museum, Cincinnati
  • 30 Americans

• Tue, May 31, 11:00 am EDT
    • Cincinnati Art Museum, Cincinnati
  • 30 Americans

• Wed, Jun 01, 11:00 am EDT
    • Cincinnati Art Museum, Cincinnati